How to get started ...
What is slack?
Slack is a channel-based messaging platform https://slack.com/intl/en-nl/help/articles/115004071768-What-is-Slack-
How to get started and create a slack account?
- Download the desktop app or use slack via your browser
- Create a new account or sign in using your credentials if you already have a slack account
- Set up a profile
How to access the BigSurv20 workspace?
- The following link serves as an invitation to join the BigSurv20 workspace. Click on it while being logged into slack and you have automatically joined the workspace: https://join.slack.com/t/bigsurv20/shared_invite/zt-io0fmwfb-7NMUbnIyEKAZQL8hn07FBQ
- For more info to join a slack Workspace see https://slack.com/intl/en-nl/help/articles/212675257-Join-a-Slack-workspace
Each session has a channel, what is a channel?
- Join a channel (use the links provided through the conference sessions)
- Change your notification settings if preferred
How to use slack for BigSurv20 ...
- Each session has its own channel. You can obtain access to this channel by following the URLS provided on the session’s website and the guidelines above.
- In a channel, you can have discussions, ask questions, share references, share, files, etc. by sending messages
- To keep the channel organized, you can reply to messages in a thread
- The default options in slack can result in a lot of e-mail notifications, adjust these to your preferences.