Early Career Scholar Travel Awards
The BigSurv20 conference is interested in supporting early career scholars (graduate students or 2015 to 2020 graduates) from all parts of the world. Therefore, the BigSurv20 Scientific Committee has established a travel award fund for this purpose. These travel awards include a travel stipend equivalent to 1200 Euro if traveling from outside of Europe, and 700 Euro if traveling within Europe. Early career scholars from underrepresented regions are especially encouraged to apply.
To be considered for a Early Career Scholar Travel Award, individuals must:
- Be registered as a graduate or undergraduate student at a higher education institution
- Or be a recent 2015 to 2020 graduate
- Be explicitly listed as an (co-)author of a presentation accepted for BigSurv20
- Express your ability/willingness/intention to attend the entire 2-3 days of the conference
Students or recent graduates interested in a Early Career Scholar Travel Award must submit their motivation to [email protected] by May 15 ,2020. The email must include the subject line “Early Career Scholar Travel Award” and contain:
- A cover letter with the student’s name, current affiliation and status, and contact information (address, telephone, and email).
- A motivation why you would need the travel grant and that there is no alternative source of funding (200 words).
- An explanation why attending Bigsurv20 would be beneficial to you (200 words).
All submissions must be in English.
Selection Process and Post-Award Process
The winners will be selected by a committee installed by the BigSurv20 organizing committee. All decisions are final and not subject to legal appeal. Questions can be directed to Laura Boeschoten at [email protected].
- Awardees will be notified by July 15, 2020.
- Awardees must confirm their BigSurv20 attendance for the entire conference and register by August 15, 2020.
- Awardees will be officially announced prior to the conference and recognized at the conference.
The award is conditional upon attendance. The actual award will be transferred within two weeks of the conference via electronic fund transfer to a designated, personal bank account.
For travel to The Netherlands, please see Travel, Visa, and Other Considerations (https://www.bigsurv20.org/travel).